The museum contains a period room, a small cafe and a farmer's kitchen dating from the year 1900. A small square has been created in the attic which displays different handcrafts in workshops and in the cellar you will come across a number of archaeological findings. One of the rooms contains the relics of Princess Paulientje, the smallest human being that ever lived. In the period room: old musical instruments.
Address of this local museum:
NL - 4641 JE Ossendrecht
Opening times in 2008:
Saturday 5 April and Sunday 6 April 2008 (Museum weekend), start of the exhibition: 'Village at the river', about archeology in the South-Western corner: 13.30-16.30 hours
Other Sundays: 13/4, 27/4, 11/5, 25/5, 8/6, 22/6, 13/7, 27/7, 10/8, 24/8, 14/9, 28/9, 12/10 en 26/10, always from 13.30 until 16.30 hours.
For individual visitors free.
Groups of a minimum of 15 people can on request visit outside opening hours (ring +31 (0)164-672563, +31 (0)164-672854 or +31 (0)164-672662). In this case the cost of admission is € 1,50 per person with a minimum of € 15,00.
Bus 105 from NS-station Bergen op Zoom.
See also Small Monuments Route Ossendrecht